If contents fail to load, please reload page.
The mission of the Maude H. Trefethen Elementary School is to enable every student to acquire and demonstrate the skills, knowledge, and problem-solving abilities needed to become thinking, considerate, open-minded, responsible citizens and family members who value learning throughout their lives.
1. Children thrive when expectations are high. 2. Children learn best in a safe, caring environment, one that values diversity, collaboration, and risk-taking. 3. Children will develop a culture of respect for others and self, establishing clear expectations and boundaries. 4. Children’s success depends on their independence, self-motivation, self-discipline, and perseverance. 5. Children are more than test scores; they will be recognized for their efforts and achievements. 6. Children will be given the opportunity to develop healthy habits, (e.g. good nutrition, good manners, physical fitness, and personal hygiene). 7. We aim to make MHT Elementary School a place that past pupils will look back on with pride and affection, and the parents of future pupils will look to with confidence.
The Philosophy of MHT
The Philosophy of the Maude H. Trefethen Elementary School affirms its philosophy that every child has a right to a quality education. High academic standards are set, and every child can and will succeed in ways that reflect his or her aptitudes and interests. Different styles of teaching and learning are respected. MHT provides an environment in which children’s natural need to explore, reflect, communicate, and dream is celebrated. Building a community of learners requires collaboration among parents, staff, and citizens. The goal is to develop in students a lifelong enjoyment of the pursuit of knowledge and a love of learning. MHT has committed to:
Personalize education for each child.
- Document student progress.
- Know each student as a person.
- Assume the responsibility for student learning.
- Build relationships and partnerships inside and outside of school.
- Promote health, fitness, and nutrition.
- Help each student reach his/her fullest potential.
- Raise student aspirations.